Registration for this summer’s Leadership Development Courses is now available in AlamoTALENT. All classes are facilitated by external experts and available to all faculty and staff. Project leads, including faculty and staff senate members, are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility: Full-Time Staff & Faculty Recommended for those who serve or aspire to serve as department chairs, program leads, program coordinators, project leads, and/or Faculty and Staff Senate members.
- June 27 – Human Design Thinking
- This highly interactive session is designed to be day 1 of a 2-day workshop that introduces the mindset, toolset and skill set necessary for creativity and innovation to become a reality in the workplace. Day 1: Participants will also learn the FourSight creative thinking framework and the principles behind human-centered design.
- June 28 – Culture of Inquiry
- This highly interactive session is designed to be day 1 of a 2-day workshop that introduces the mindset, toolset and skill set necessary for creativity and innovation to become a reality in the workplace. Day 2: Participants will gain a common language for creativity and design thinking and learn tangible tools to think differently and contribute meaningful ideas that move key initiatives forward.
- July 11 – Leadership Strategies and Communications
- This workshop is targeted for faculty leaders. During this session, the ToP Facilitator will engage participants in building on ToP Facilitation skills to enhance leadership effectiveness, understanding their communication style & how it impacts others; developing skills to deal with resistance; have meaningful dialogue and lead people through change. Instructor: Mary Flanagan, Strategy & Leadership
- July 19 & 26- Crucial Conversations
- Crucial Conversations
A crucial conversation is a discussion between two or more people where stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. These conversations—when handled poorly or ignored—cause teams and organizations to get less-than-desirable results. Put our award-winning Crucial Conversations Training approach to work for you, your team, and your organization, and everything gets better. Instructor: Darryl Nettles
- Crucial Conversations
- July 23 & 24 – Leadership Formation & Renewal
- Our work together in this facilitated leadership formation retreat will be based on the work of Parker J. Palmer on teacher and leadership formation. The work of formation is rooted in the belief that effective leadership flows from the identity and integrity of the person. This workshop will provide the opportunity to get in touch with the leader within while working in community with colleagues from across the Alamo Colleges. As each of us engage in reflection about who we are and who we want to be as a leader, we will also have the opportunity to strengthen connections with our colleagues to allow us to move forward together to lead and support our colleges and our students. Instructors: Elaine Sullivan, Jackie Claunch & Julie Moore-Felux
- July 31 – Crucial Accountability
- *MUST HAVE ATTENDED CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS TO ATTEND THIS COURSE* This course builds on the skills learned in Crucial Conversations and introduces a powerful set of new skills to resolve your most challenging accountability issues. It enables those who already have knowledge of crucial conversations skills to diagnose why someone keeps falling short of set expectations and then derive a plan that both motivates and enables the other person to successfully change his or her behaviors. These additional skills are perfect for crucial accountability conversations that seem resistant to dialogue skills alone. Instructor: Greg Stephens, Vital Smarts
Faculty Leadership Development Program
Become part of a collaborative community made up of faculty and staff leaders across the Alamo Colleges District. Work alongside faculty, staff and college administration to help fulfill the mission, vision, and values of the college! Click the following link for more details: Faculty Development Leadership Flyer_Summer 2018_FINAL